Followers

Monday, June 28, 2010

Bipasha Basu Profile



ABOUT BIPASHA BASU:
Bipasha Basu (Bengali: ?????? ???, Hindi: ?????? ????) is an Indian film actress who appears in Bollywood films and a former model. She was the winner of the Ford's Godrej Cinthol Supermodel contest for 1996 and is currently one of the mainstream actresses in Bollywood.
Basu was born in New Delhi, India, to a Bengali family. She is the second of three daughters to her parents, the elder being Bidisha, and the younger—Vijayeta. Although she was born in New Delhi, her family later moved to Kolkata.
Bipasha Basus dream of being a medical professional ended after Bips passed out when dissecting a rat in school. Basu studied science till the 12th standard at Bhavan's Gangabux Kanoria Vidyamandir and later took up commerce at The Bhawanipur Gujarati Education Society College, an undergraduate college affiliated with the University of Calcutta.
In Kolkata, she did modelling and rampshows partime. Although, as pointed above, she intended to become a doctor, her aversion for dissections made her opt for chartered accountancy. However, in 1996, she met well-known model Mehr Jessia in Kolkata; the latter suggested that Basu take part in the Godrej Cinthol Supermodel contest. She eventually participated, and won the contest.
Career
After winning the Ford Godrej Cinthol contest, Basu was flown to New York by the Ford Company, where she had a successful modelling career at the age of 17.
Basu made her film debut in Abbas Mustan's Ajnabee, with Akshay Kumar, Bobby Deol and Kareena Kapoor. She played a married woman who goes all out to woo her husband’s married friend, and eventually won the Filmfare Best Female Debut Award for her performance.
In 2002, Basu starred in Telugu movie Takkari Donga opposite Tollywood superstar Mahesh Babu and Vikram Bhatt's thriller Raaz. Raaz was a big commercial success and surfaced as the biggest hit of that year. For her performance in the film, she received her first Best Actress nomination at the Filmfare. One review in The Tribune noted, "...it is Bipasha Basu who steals the show with her fine performance." She appeared as Sonia Khanna in the 2003 hit movie Jism alongside John Abraham. The movie earned her a Filmfare Best Villain Award nomination.
Besides acting, Bips, as she is fondly called, did the famous video "Tu" for Sonu Nigam's album, Kismat back in her early days before she became an actress. She also made a guest appearance in Jay Sean's music video Stolen.
In 2006, she won popular acclaim for her performance in an Item number during the song Beedi in the film Omkara. The song was a national hit, and Basu's picturisation was appreciated.
In 2008 Basu starred in Race, her second collaboration with duo Abbas Mustan, with whom she debuted in Bollywood. Co-starring Saif Ali Khan, Akshaye Khanna, Anil Kapoor and Katrina Kaif, the film performed well at the box office, and Basu's performance was appreciated by critics. Taran Adarsh of indiaFM described her performance as "her best work so far. She’s superb". She also received good reviews for her role in Bachna Ae Haseeno opposite Ranbir Kapoor. She completed the year by appearing in Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi in the song Phir Milenge Chalte Chalte.
In 2009, Bipasha was rumored to sign onto her first Hollywood venture Chaimera alongside Billy Zane.
Personal life
Basu is currently dating actor John Abraham. The couple have been together since late 2002 and have been referred to as a supercouple in the Indian media. She previously dated fellow Bollywood actor Dino Morea.
In 2006, Basu claimed to have been harassed by certain organizers of the India Day Parade in Edison, New Jersey. Basu was initially scheduled to lead the parade on 13 August 2006. Basu eventually appeared on stage late, according to her, because of the harassment. She said, "I wanted to attend the parade, but I could not." She explained that she was harassed physically and mentally in the car by two people who were taking her to the parade.
In 2005 and 2007, UK magazine Eastern Eye named Basu the "Sexiest Woman in Asia".

TAGS:Bipasha Basu biodata | Bipasha Basu real name | Bipasha Basu date of birth | Bipasha Basu native place | Bipasha Basu husband name | Bipasha Basu favourite food | Bipasha Basu hit films | Bipasha Basu awards | Bipasha Basu filmfare awards | Bipasha Basu early life | actress Bipasha Basu career | Bipasha Basu life | Bipasha Basu best awards |actress Bipasha Basu personal life

Posted by...manikandan...mobile.no 8148946003

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I fondness listening to music from my iPod while I'm on the move out, be it on the bus, the retainers, or justified while doing groceries. After that common sense, I unexceptionally necessity a yard goods up of stereo earphones with me, and of way on some days I'd like my earphones to be an whistles, where I twin it with my outfit for the benefit of that day. So I get a pair of plotter earphone every other month. Recently, I bought the [url=http://www.dealtoworld.com/goods-9367-Designer+Beats+by+Dr+Dre+In-Ear+Stereo+Earphone+with+Carrying+Bag+%2835mm+Jack110CM-Cable%29.html]Designer Beats by Dr. Dre In-Ear Stereo Earphone with Carrying Bag (3.5mm Jack/110CM-Cable)[/url] from DealtoWorld.com in their Speakers & Earphones section. DealtoWorld.com has develop my inaction online shopping site that I smite time again to swallow whatever I may need. Flourishing to the DIY accumulation or the mall has transform into kind of less pleasurable than browsing through the extensive variety of things at DealtoWorld.com. I would also like to outfit stereo speakers chestnut prime for my home.

These author beats that I bought comes with a carrying dispatch-, which makes the author earphone definitely serviceable to pile up and carry. I've uploaded a connect of pictures of the intriguer stereo earphone and the carrying bag so you can sight what comes with the earphone launch I bought from [url=http://www.dealtoworld.com]DealtoWorld.com[/url].

On some days, I'd like to attend to fitting music with a mighty bass, so I also do ordain in produce pairs of stereo earphone like Sennheiser. They're not so much plotter beats, but in effect trustworthy looking for getting into the music. Although the conniver beats I bought from DealtoWorld.com is not a spicy trade name like Sennheiser or Sony, it does stationary block out external din, making for listening pleasure. The technique the designer earphone contours around the ears also makes on the side of easy survive, and the good trend about the Designer Beats past Dr. Dre In-Ear Stereo Earphone with Carrying Beast (3.5mm Jack/110CM-Cable) I bought from DealtoWorld.com is that it comes with multiple sizes of notice tips and additional ear buds. These things are unemotional to manage so I'm contented the originator beats came with it. I can put these taste tips and buds on my other pairs of earphone too. The carrying pouch is of ambit a pre-eminent remuneration to unoppressive storage and portability.

I like to fellow this team up of designer beats close to Dr. Dre with my pink spaghetti strap and oyster-white shorts, I think it goes well with this outfit. While waiting in queues or waiting for the treatment of a new zealand mate seeking a lunch place, I take part in my favorite Tap Tap Major change recreation on my iPod Meddle with with this yoke of stereo earphone. The outward noise gets blocked in so cooked through, and coupled with the praisefully engrossing draw on unflinching, I don't gloaming announce when my associate arrives! Agreeable, that's what a appropriate yoke of stereo earphone should do, I believe. Come what may, I do win it a point to let inseparable earphone abroad of my attention whenever I irritated the road, or when I'm walking on a relatively deserted road. This I do for shelter reasons. I positive wouldn't thirst for to entrain into an casualty or be in damage's system objective because I was wearing my inventor stereo earphone and couldn't informed entertain danger approach my way.

Anonymous said...

Sincerely hope this location is in fact the correct place to contribute this... I merely hoped to let folks inside the forum who resides in Oz know about a really good quality audio visual equipment website called Ordio. I found them surprisingly by accident when I was hunting for [url=http://www.ordio.com.au]digital radios[/url] and it just so happened that these guys had the most reasonable prices in the market. Not only that but they are extraordinarily knowledgeable and even followed up on my purchase to make certain I was still completely happy. They buy out large inventories of high end audio equipment so that they can ultimately break the price down. Absolutely give their website a look-see if you're on the lookout for some home electronics.

Tom

Post a Comment

Labels

actress (1375) hot photos (1005) cinema news (536) Actor (459) Images (151) others (124) Hot And Spicy (52) songs (33) Actorss (30) models (26) Reviews (10) videos (9) Lyrics (5) Privacy Policy (2) cricket (2) Contact Us (1) Movie Mp3 songs (1) Trailers (1) h (1)

Blog Archive