Followers

Monday, January 3, 2011

Weekly Trading Update - 03-07 May 2010

I thought this week was going to be another volatile week and I wasn't disappointed. Indeed it was because of this that I traded smaller stakes then usual this week. After all there's no point doing technical analysis if there is a chance that a news item concerning one of the troubled European countries could come out at any time and have a massive impact on the markets.

I opened two positions in total and they were both short positions on the hapless Euro. The first was on the EUR/USD pair first thing Monday morning. I wasn't planning on trading during the bank holiday, but I noticed that the EMAs had crossed downwards overnight and the price had pulled back slightly so I was presented with a perfect entry point that I simply couldn't resist.
I went short at 1.3240 and kept an eye on it throughout the day. I managed to close half the position for 50 points on Monday afternoon and let the other half run, moving my stop loss to break-even. I was initially targeting 1.31 but because of all the negative news about Greece (as well as Portugal and Spain), I thought it was worth holding on for 1.30, and thankfully this target was hit on Tuesday evening. Of course it's fallen by several hundred points since then but I was more happy with that profit.

The other trade I opened was on the EUR/GBP pair on Tuesday morning. I noticed that the EMAs had already crossed downwards on the 4 hour chart and the price had consolidated slightly, before suddenly turning downwards after all the negative news coming out of Europe. I figured that this was a good time to ride this negative momentum and went short at 0.8640. I then closed half for 40 points, as I normally do on this pair, and let the other half run once more. As it turned out I closed this position for another 40 points, which was again far too soon, but it was another decent profit.

So overall it was a fairly profitable week this week despite the fact that I was trading with smaller stakes.

(If you would like full details of my main 4 hour trading strategy, you can access it for free when you subscribe to my newsletter. Simply fill in the short form above).

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

actress (1375) hot photos (1005) cinema news (536) Actor (459) Images (151) others (124) Hot And Spicy (52) songs (33) Actorss (30) models (26) Reviews (10) videos (9) Lyrics (5) Privacy Policy (2) cricket (2) Contact Us (1) Movie Mp3 songs (1) Trailers (1) h (1)

Blog Archive