Followers

Monday, January 3, 2011

Weekly Trading Update - 07-11 December 2009

It's been a fairly quiet week this week with just two trades to tell you about. Thankfully both turned out to be winning trades, although I could have made more by letting them run for a while longer. The first trade was on the GBP/JPY pair and the second was on the USD/JPY pair.
I'll start with the GBP/JPY pair first of all because this was my most profitable trade. I highlighted this potential set-up on this blog back on Monday night, and the subsequent EMA crossover occurred a few hours later in the overnight trading session.
After a slight retracement the following morning I managed to get a decent entry point, entering a short position at exactly 146.00. I provided an in-running commentary of this trade in the original blog post, but if you've haven't already read it, I closed half the position for 70 points and the other half at 144.20 for a 180 point profit.
The one other trade was on the USD/JPY pair. I've been watching this pair closely because the Supertrend indicator has recently turned green on the daily chart (indicating a bullish trend). So after a nice little sell-off I was waiting for the EMAs to cross upwards on the 4 hour chart, for a fairly safe trade, and it worked out fairly well.
The crossover occurred overnight once again, as is often the case with the yen-related pairs, but I managed to enter a long position first thing this morning at 88.75 (a little later than I would have liked). I closed half the position for 40 points and closed the second half of the position at 89.35 a short while ago.
It may well continue to creep up towards the 90.00 level but with consumer confidence figures due out in a short while, I thought it was best to take the profits and finish up for the week.
(If you would like full details of my main 4 hour trading strategy, you can access it for free when you subscribe to my newsletter. Simply fill in the short form above).

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

actress (1375) hot photos (1005) cinema news (536) Actor (459) Images (151) others (124) Hot And Spicy (52) songs (33) Actorss (30) models (26) Reviews (10) videos (9) Lyrics (5) Privacy Policy (2) cricket (2) Contact Us (1) Movie Mp3 songs (1) Trailers (1) h (1)

Blog Archive