Followers

Monday, January 3, 2011

Weekly Trading Update - 23-27 November 2009

Well I'm kicking myself for not staying with the GBP/JPY breakout trade. You may recall that I highlighted a possible breakout last week and when it did break downwards I banked around 100 points. However this breakout has continued into this week and it's since fallen another 800 points, so I really missed out on some huge gains on this occasion. However the one trading position I opened this week turned out pretty well.
It was on the GBP/USD pair and I went short yesterday afternoon (when all my American friends were enjoying yet another day off, Happy Thanksgiving by the way  ) after the EMAs finally crossed downwards on the 4 hour chart.
I actually traded against the trend on this occasion, but I've been bearish on this pair for a few weeks now and just felt that it was due a retracement, particularly as there was a nice bearish divergence pattern on several indicators such as the MACD, Smoothed Repulse and TRIX indicators.
After the EMAs crossed downwards on the 4 hour chart, I waited for a slight pull-back and went short at 1.6560. As I normally do, I closed half the position for 50 points and let the other half run, moving my stop loss down to break-even.
I set my target at 1.6400 and let it run overnight, and despite thinking that this may be a little ambitious, the price easily reached this target, helped by the bleak news from Dubai, and the effect this may have on British banks who have exposure in this part of the world.
So overall it was a solid profit and a decent enough week. It could have been even better if I could have managed to open a short on the EUR/USD pair as well, but unfortunately the crossover occurred overnight so I couldn't trade it. My next target is the EUR/GBP pair (providing the Supertrend indicator doesn't turn bullish on the daily chart) but I don't think this is likely to break downwards until next week now.
So that probably brings an end to my trading this week. I hope you all have a great weekend.
(If you would like full details of my main 4 hour trading strategy, you can access it for free when you subscribe to my newsletter. Simply fill in the short form above).

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

actress (1375) hot photos (1005) cinema news (536) Actor (459) Images (151) others (124) Hot And Spicy (52) songs (33) Actorss (30) models (26) Reviews (10) videos (9) Lyrics (5) Privacy Policy (2) cricket (2) Contact Us (1) Movie Mp3 songs (1) Trailers (1) h (1)

Blog Archive