Followers

Monday, January 3, 2011

Weekly Trading Update - 29 March - 02 April 2010

Well it's the morning of Good Friday so I'm obviously not trading today, but it's been an excellent week this week. I traded two positions in total using my main 4 hour trading system - one on the GBP/USD pair and one on the EUR/USD pair - and both yielded some excellent profits.
As regular readers will know, I've been looking to go long on both the GBP/USD and EUR/USD pairs because although the Supertrend indicator is still red on the daily chart, and therefore indicating a downward trend, I just feel that they are both massively oversold.
So I was looking for upward EMA crossovers on the 4 hour chart of these two pairs, and this first occurred on the GBP/USD pair on Monday morning. There was a big crossover candle followed by a nice pull-back which allowed me to enter a position at 1.4983.
The price then drifted sideways for most of the day and I was worried that this was going to turn out to be a false breakout, but thankfully the upward trend continued the following day. When I switched on the computer the next morning I was delighted to find that I was around 70 points in profit so I immediately closed half the position for this amount (I normally close half the position for 50 points when I'm at my computer) and moved my stop loss up to break-even.
I then let the other half run and eventually closed out at 1.5183 on Wednesday afternoon to bank a profit of 200 points with the second half of the position. As it turned out there was another 100+ points to be had but I was more than happy with the final result.
The second position was on the EUR/USD pair. I actually discussed this trade in some length in yesterday's blog post because this was a classic example of a high probability set-up.
To summarise, I basically went long at 1.3480 when the EMAs crossed upwards, and later closed half the position for 50 points before letting the other half run. Unfortunately I was stopped out at break-even with the second half of the position but it was still a very good profit because I took a maximum position on this one (total risk = 5% of my capital compared to 3% normally) due to the excellent set-up conditions.
So as I say it's been a great week overall. I hope your trading has been equally as successful and I wish you a Happy Easter.
(If you would like full details of my main 4 hour trading strategy, you can access it for free when you subscribe to my newsletter. Simply fill in the short form above).

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

actress (1375) hot photos (1005) cinema news (536) Actor (459) Images (151) others (124) Hot And Spicy (52) songs (33) Actorss (30) models (26) Reviews (10) videos (9) Lyrics (5) Privacy Policy (2) cricket (2) Contact Us (1) Movie Mp3 songs (1) Trailers (1) h (1)

Blog Archive